Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Moral Compass: The Path I Follow

Creating this moral compass made me realize what I value most in life and how fortunate I am to have them. Family has always been my number one concern. Without my family I wouldn't be the person I am today. Education is also important to me, because without it I would not have the ideas and beliefs that I have today. Having freedom and security is a key in my life without it I would not be free to express my feelings and my thoughts. Change is also something I cherish most in life, without it I would not be able to view the world in different ways and also learn more about myself.

Family-My family is everything to me, there is so much love in my family that sometimes I can barely stand it. Having a big family means having a lot of love. Friends come and go, but your family will always be there for you. My family guides me to be the best person I can be. They have also taught me that life is to short and that i should seize every opportunity I can get. My morals come from my family. When i make a bad decision I learn from it, and my family is always there to help me get back up on my feet.

Education- Having the opportunity to attend school is a great privilege. There are many children in the world who are not able to attend school and get a good education. Education is a very important aspect in my life and with my family. Without an education I would not be able to work my dream job and make a living for myself and for a family someday. In this economy today having an education is everything and I would do anything to keep that education going.  Without an education I would not be able to express my beliefs and my opinions. Being knowledgeable is something I wish I can be for the rest of my life.

Freedom and Security- Living in America we as citizens have the right to freedom and security. We are privileged to be free to do and say what we want. We are also very privileged to feel safe and to feel secure. For me, freedom and security help me to balance out my morals. I am able to express my thoughts and beliefs without any harm directed toward me. Having the freedom to be my own person and think what I want when I want has helped me learn more about myself and has also helped me to expand my morals.

Change- Change is something I look forward to everyday. Going by a daily routine is sometimes very helpful, but changes in my life help shape who I am today. Changes in the world also help my morals to expand. Changes in politics, different countries, and in life are changes that will shape how I live and how I see the world. Change does not only affect me and my morals on occasions, they affect them every day.

My moral compass is based off of the privileges in my life. These privileges help shape me and my morals. Having a family that loves you, an education to further you in life, freedom and security to help express yourself, and change to help you learn from not only yourself but the world around you are some of the many privileges in my life that help shape me and my morals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWod72dckg4&feature=player_embedded

4 comments:

  1. I agree with what you said about looking forward to change everyday; it's good to keep an open mind about things and allow things to change! What are some things you've allowed to change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you wrote so much, that's exactly how i feel about my family. Also education because on my compass I wrote learning so either way education is so important. Just one question though, are you're morals in this blog based off your parent's morals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have very strong points within your moral compass, I really enjoy your feelings about family. When you say friends come and go but your family will always be there, it made me think because I never thought of it like that. Would you say friends are in your moral compass? I also like your feelings towards change; it is a great thing that makes us strong and shapes us to be who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really liked the paragraph on change. Everything that changes around us does somehow affect us one way or another. We have to be strong in order to meet those changes. Can you think of any change in particular.

    ReplyDelete